The company Koniambo Nickel SAS has built a world-class industrial complex which, since 2014, has produced an annual production of 60,000 tonnes of contained nickel. Koniambo Nickel is located in the Northern province of New Caledonia, between Kone and Voh (more precisely extending over the Koniambo massif for the mining part and on the Vavouto peninsula for the processing unit).
- Expertise in remote sensing and photo-interpretation
- Mapping of the distribution of mangrove plant assemblages using multispectral WorldView 2 type satellite imagery at very high spatial resolution (50 cm)
- Discrimination and spatialization of mangrove strata of Rhizophora spp. of Avicennia marina, Brugueria, areas of bare tannes, etc.
- Over 170 ground truth points identified and geolocated
- Analysis and mapping of the evolution of mangrove formations by a multi-temporal diachronic approach (2007 to 2013). The objective is to identify and quantify the changes that have occurred on the Caledonian coastal landscape from the beginning of the project in 2013.