MAPTOGIS and UAV
Our core business is GIS, and the production of reference data is part of the geographic information processing chain that we fully master; whether this data is captured from a satellite, aircraft, ULM or Drone .
We are working on the production of airborne data from unmanned drones. The advantage of drones is to reach any site with a high efficency at the lowest cost. Most of our interventions are carried out on areas between 2 and 100 Hectares (Ha), but we can - on request - deploy aircraft for overflight of larger territories.
The flights are performed like conventional aerial photography campaigns using computerized trajectories for recovery rates of 60 to 80% and a ground resolution of 2 to 10 cm per pixel (depending on the flight attitude, sensor resolution and focal length).
Why Us ?
- Certified (DGAC) and responsible company. We hold all the authorizations and insurance specific to this profession of air operator
- Recognized expertise in Geographic Information System (GIS), the heart of our business, with airborne georeferenced data processing capabilities
- Very high quality and centimetric precision deliverables in X, Y, Z
Resulting from flights at low altitudes coupled with High Definition (HD) photographic sensors, the images have very fine resolutions with pixels varying from 2 to 10 centimeters. Our aerial shots are then:
- Post processed
- Georeferenced (UTM, Lambert 93, CC...)
These data are then delivered to you in a georeferenced digital format compatible for integration into your Geographic Information System (GIS / WebGIS).
Digital Surface Model (DSM)
A Digital Surface Model (DSM) or elevation model (DEM) is a 3D representation of the subsoil (i.e. of all objects on the surface of the earth), from vegetation to bridges, including homes.
A high recovery rate of aerial photographs allows - by photogrametric processing - to produce this type of deliverable
The altimetric details of the MNS / MNE produced are between 1 and 5 cm in elevation.
- Digital Surface Model
- Contour lines
- Shading to detect micro-reliefs
The photogrametry process allows 3D modeling, textured and georeferenced.
Areas of use
- Structural monitoring
- Coastal erosion
We have developed a viewer allowing a comparison between 2 different situations. We have also added the possibility of bringing up the MNS and being able to interrogate it by clicking on it in order to know the difference in height between the initial and the final situation.
Drone Mapping Training
This training is divided into three stages :
- a presentation of the fundamental principles and an overview of applications in different fields
- a practical phase of data acquisition by drone
- a data processing phase
At the end of the training you will know
- Master the fundamental principles to start an operational use or to make a choice of material before an acquisition
- Use drone applications for observation and mapping of the territory, in 2D and 3D
- Understand the different flight techniques and the different types of data processing
- Assess the possibilities and constraints, advantages and limits of the use of drones for the acquisition of high-precision information on the territory
A MAPTOGIS trainer, drone pilot, intervenes as part of the training.
Duration and Place
- Duration : 4 days, 28 hours (7h / day)
- Location : la Rochelle, FRANCE
A basic practice of GIS tools is preferable to make the most of this training.